As a R&D Project Engineer-Materials, you will be part of a dedicated
multidisciplinary, international team in a dynamic and constantly evolving work
environment. You are part of the R&D team working with care and attention on the
latest technologies, with innovation at the centre. A role where business and
science come together to create new technologies. You will be joining during an
exciting time of growth.
What can we offer you?
- Working in a diverse environment that is striving towards workplace
equality surrounded by an experienced and welcoming team
- Opportunity to travel and work on a variety of projects situated across the
- As Project Engineer responsible for your own projects
- Working on your personal development
- Challenge and variety in work activities
- Working with short lines and little hierarchy
- Good primary and secondary terms of employment according to the
OWASE collective labour agreement with a good pension scheme
- 25 vacation and 12 ADV days
- Researching raw materials and developing chemistry formulations, and
accompanying manufacturing processes of their products
- Scanning the horizon for new trends and opportunities
- Managing and running R&D projects, possibly with external research
institutes; utilizing project management tools for well-structured project
- Developing solutions at the lab/pilot scale, all the way towards successful
handover to the full organisation and manufacturing plants.
- Translating R&D results into practical applications
- Develop & implement test methods
- Documenting work and know-how in technical reports
Our ideal candidate profile
- Fluent Dutch and English is a must
- Master’s degree in Chemistry, Material Science, Polymer Science /
Engineering or any related field is required; Ph.D.-degree would be a
- Ideally 1-3 years of industry experience in industrial R&D environment;
experience in composites or epoxy, vinylester/polyester resin systems
will be a strong advantage.
- However, ambitious students who are about finishing their education or
just finished their education and who want to work for the world of
tomorrow are also welcomed for this position.
- Interest in working both laboratory and plant environments
- Proficiency in statistical analysis
- Ever-curious mindset with a hands-on mentality
- Sound communication and technical documentation skills